Air Travel San Francisco Airport (SFO) - San Francisco International Airport is a world class airport reachable from anywhere in the world. BART is right at the airport offering inexpensive quick rides to San Francisco.
Oakland Airport (OAK)- Oakland International Airport is across the bay from san francisco and offers another alternative airport to fly into. Getting to San Francisco is fast using BART or a local shuttle service.
Looking for cheap airline tickets? Try http://www.kayak.com/
Local Transportation from Airports:
SFO to San Francisco: Leaving the airport couldn't be easier. There are many transportation options to choose from including car rentals, limousine services, and shuttle vans. The underground train system, BART, connects to the airport as well although the running train schedule varies depending on what day and what time you are traveling.
We recommend taking BART from SFO to San Francisco, its the easiest greenest way to get to down town. You can also take the bus, a reasonably priced shuttle service or share a cab.
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) T 650.992.2278 BART operates rapid rail service directly between SFO and San Francisco. The SFO BART Station is located on the Departures/Ticketing Level of the International Terminal (Boarding Area G side). BART is easily accessed from any terminal by riding SFO's AirTrain to the Garage G/BART Station stop.
- SamTrans Public Bus Service T 800.660.4287 SamTrans operates San Mateo County’s public bus service.SamTrans buses serve SFO 24-hours every day. Bus routes KX, 292, and 397 stop at SFO’s terminals. Routes 292 and 397 also stop at SFO’s Rental Car Center and the United Airlines Maintenance Center. Route 397 operates overnight between 1:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
- Shuttle Service to San Francisco:
- Taxi Service SFO to San Francisco: Taxis depart from the designated taxi zones located at the roadway center islands, on the Arrivals/Baggage Claim Level of all terminals. Uniformed taxi coordinators are stationed at the taxi zones from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. to assist passengers with questions or concerns Approximate fares to San Francisco: Cow Palace - $29 Downtown - $37 Fisherman’s Wharf - $44
- OAK to San Francisco: Many options make it easy to get to and from the airport. We recommend taking BART, an underground train system that connects to various cities around the Bay Area. While BART does not go directly to Oakland’s airport there is a shuttle service offered called AirBART that travels back and forth from the airport and train station for a nominal fee. Travel time for AirBART can run anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes, depending on traffic and weather conditions.