What is AJAX? AJAX was called AHAH just yesterday (D6), and in the Drupal context it most often means the ability for Drupal forms to dynamically refresh without a page load. So it means cooler forms that don't have to press the submit button all the time - they can dynamically respond to user input.
In this talk we'll cover:
- How to use AJAX Forms. It's easy now.
- Example: Dependent dropdowns
- Module scaffolding and best practices
- Theme scaffolding and best practices
Subtopics that will be addressed:
- jQuery UI
- AJAX Links
Some related sessions you may be interested in:
- Roger Lopez: Leveraging the Chaos tool suite for module development. Roger will cover the CTools AJAX Command Framework, which has been incorporated into Drupal 7 AJAX but won't be covered in any detail in this session.
- kkaefer: Instant Dynamic Forms with #states
Industry: education, entertainment, library, marketing, media, non-profit