Design and Theming: What's new in Drupal 7?
Drupal 6 introduced an enhanced templatIng system. For the past 2 years, the community has been striving to make our theming system really shine. But not only has the system been improved with easier to override defaults and more powerful functions, our designers have also given Drupal a make-over. Right from the installation screen, you can see that Drupal cares about the first impression it makes to the design community at large.
- New themes!
- Unexpected blocks and template changes.
- hook_world_alter() — don’t be evil.
- $classes and hook_process()
- theme_links() sucks less!
- Don't be afraid of Render API and fields-in-core.
- API for theme settings now makes sense.
A short question and answer period will follow. But there will also be one or two BOF sessions called Theming Q&A where anyone can ask questions of Drupal’s top themers.
Industry: education, entertainment, library, marketing, media, non-profit
Tags: d4d, design, theme settings, theming